High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
ANSAR (A2), S/O.KUNHUMON v. STATE OF KERALA, REP. BY THE - Bail Appl No. 1237 of 2007  RD-KL 4466 (1 March 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 1237 of 2007()
1. ANSAR (A2), S/O.KUNHUMON,
2. SIRAJUDHEEN (A4), S/O.SAYED MUHAMMED,
3. YUSUFF (A5), S/O.MUHAMMADALI,
4. AKBAR (A6), S/O.MUHAMMEDALI,
5. NISHAD (A9), S/O.HAMSA,
6. ARAVINDAN (A10),
1. STATE OF KERALA, REP. BY THE
For Petitioner :SRI.K.J.SAJI ISAAC
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
V.RAMKUMAR, J.Bail Application No. 1237/2007 Dated this 1st day of March, 2007
O R D E RThe petitioners who are accused Nos.2, 4 to 6, 9 and 10 in Crime No.31/2007 of Perumpadappu Police Station for offences punishable under Sections 143, 147, 148, 324 and 308 IPC read with Section 149 IPC, seek their enlargement on bail. The occurrence took place at 8.50 p.m on 12.2.2007 and the petitioners were arrested on 14.2.2007.
2. In as much as the second petitioner, i.e. fourth accused, named Sirajudheen had allegedly committed the offence at a time when he was on bail granted by this Court in B.A.No.7229/2006 in crime No.214/2006 of the very same police station, he had not only abused the liberty granted to him by this Court but was also liable to have his application for bail cancelled in crime No.214/2006. Such a person cannot be granted bail as well, in the present case.
3. Accordingly, the petitioners 1 and 3 to 6 who are accused Nos. 2, 5, 6, 9 and 10 are directed to be released on bail on each of them executing a bond for Rs. 10,000/- (Rupees ten thousand only) with two solvent sureties each for the like amount to the satisfaction of the J.F.C.M, Ponnani, and subject to the following conditions: B.A.1237/2007 2
1. The petitioners 1 and 3 to 6 shall report
before the Investigating Officer
a.m. and 11 a.m. on all Wednesdays.
2. The petitioners 1 and 3 to 6 shall make themselves available for interrogation as and when required by the police till the filing of the final report.
3. The petitioners 1 and 3 to 6 shall not influence or intimidate the prosecution witnesses nor shall they attempt to tamper with the evidence for the prosecution.
4. The petitioners 1 and 3 to 6 shall not commit any offence while on bail.
4. If the petitioners commit breach of any of the above conditions, the bail granted to them shall be liable to be cancelled. The application is allowed in part as above. V.RAMKUMAR,
JUDGEmrcs B.A.1237/2007 3
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.