High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
SAJITH, S/O SATHYAPALAN(A3) v. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY - Bail Appl No. 1217 of 2007  RD-KL 4549 (1 March 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 1217 of 2007()
1. SAJITH, S/O SATHYAPALAN(A3),
2. SHAN, S/O BABU,(A4)
3. SUMESH, AGED 23, S/O RAMACHANDRAN PILLAI
4. MOHANKUMAR,S/O RAMAKRISHNANPILLAI,(A6)
1. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY
For Petitioner :SRI.R.S.KALKURA
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
V. RAMKUMAR, J.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
BAIL APPLICATION NO.1217 OF 2007
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
DATED THIS THE 1ST DAY OF MARCH, 2007
O R D E RPetitioners who are accused Nos.3 to 6 in Crime No.52/07 of Ezhukone Police Station for offences punishable under sections 143, 147, 148, 427, 353, 308 and 296 read with section 149 IPC and section 27 of the Arms Act, seek their enlargement on bail.
2. Learned Public Prosecutor opposed the application.
3. The case of the prosecution is that at about 11.45 PM on 11.2.2007, about 20 CPM workers armed with deadly weapons like sword, iron rod, etc. attacked certain RSS workers during the festival of Malanada Sreesakuni Temple in Pavithreshwaram Village. The petitioners were arrested on the same day.
4. Having regard to the facts and circumstances of the case and the duration of judicial custody of the petitioners, I am inclined to grant bail to the petitioners, but with effect from a future date. Accordingly, the petitioners are directed to be released on bail with effect from 08.03.2007 on each of them executing a bond for Rs.10,000/- (Rupees ten thousand only) with two solvent sureties each for the like amount to the satisfaction of the J.F.C.M.-I, Kottarakkara and subject to the following conditions: B.A.NO.1217/07 Page numbers
1. The petitioners shall report before the Investigating Officer between 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. on all Wednesdays.
2. The petitioners shall make themselves available for interrogation as and when required by the Police, till the filing of the final report.
3. The petitioners shall not influence or intimidate the prosecution witnesses nor shall they attempt to tamper with the evidence for the prosecution.
3. The petitioners shall not commit any offence while on bail. If the petitioners commit breach of any of the above conditions, the bail granted to them shall be liable to be cancelled. This application is allowed as above.
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.