High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
CHANDRA BABU, AGED 35 v. THE STATE OF KERALA - Bail Appl No. 21 of 2007(C)  RD-KL 456 (8 January 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 21 of 2007(C)
1. CHANDRA BABU, AGED 35,
1. THE STATE OF KERALA,
For Petitioner :SRI.H.HARIKUMAR (KOLLAM)
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
B.A.No. 21 of 2007
Dated this the 8th day of January, 2007.
ORDERPetitioner, who is the accused in C.R.No.212 of 2006 of Karunagappally Excise Range for offences punishable under Section 8 (1) and (2) of Abkari Act for allegedly having been found in possession of 30 litres of arrack on 6.11.2006 and who was arrested on the same day, seeks his enlargement on bail.
2. Even though the learned Public Prosecutor opposed the application, it is seen that no final report has been filed even after 60 days of judicial custody of the petitioner. If so, the petitioner is entitled to bail as of right by virtue of the proviso to Section 167(2) Cr.P.C.
3. Accordingly, the petitioner is directed to be released on bail on his executing a bond for Rs. 20,000/- (Rupees twenty thousand only) with two solvent sureties each for the like amount to the satisfaction of the J.F.C.M., Karunagappally and subject to the following conditions:
1. Petitioner shall report before the Investigating BA 21/07 -: 2 :- Officer between 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. on all Wednesdays.
2. Petitioner shall not influence or intimidate the prosecution witnesses nor shall he attempt to tamper with the evidence for the prosecution.
3. Petitioner shall make himself available for interrogation as and when required by the Investigating Officer.
3. Petitioner shall not commit any offence while on bail. If the petitioner commits breach of any of the above conditions, the bail granted to him shall be liable to be cancelled. This application is allowed as above. V.RAMKUMAR,
JUDGE.ess 8/1 BA 21/07 -: 3 :-
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.