High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
SHYJU C., S/O. VELAYUDHAN, AGED 31 YRS v. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY - Bail Appl No. 1331 of 2007  RD-KL 4821 (6 March 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 1331 of 2007()
1. SHYJU C., S/O. VELAYUDHAN, AGED 31 YRS,
2. SHAJI C., S/O. VELAYUDHAN, AGED 32 YRS,
1. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY
For Petitioner :SRI.P.S.SREEDHARAN PILLAI
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
V.RAMKUMAR, J.Bail Application No. 1331/2007 Dated this 6th day of March, 2007
O R D E RThe petitioners, who are accused Nos. 1 and 2 in Crime No.54/2007 of Medical College Police Station, Kozhikode, for offences punishable under Sections 323 and 326 IPC read with Section 34 IPC, seek anticipatory bail.
2. The case of the prosecution is that at about 10.00 a.m on 15.2.2007, the petitioners attacked the defacto complainant with a ripper and bare hand and caused injuries including fracture on metacarpals.
3. The learned Public Prosecutor opposed the application.
4. Anticipatory bail cannot be granted in a case of this nature. But at the same time I am inclined to permit the petitioners to surrender before the Investigating Officer and then to have their applications for regular bail ordered by the Magistrate concerned.
5. Accordingly, the petitioners shall surrender before B.A.1331/2007 2 the Investigating Officer on any day between 13.3.2007 and 15.3.2007 for the purpose of interrogation and recovery of incriminating materials, if any. Thereafter, the petitioners shall be produced before the Magistrate having jurisdiction, on the same day. The Magistrate shall release them on bail on appropriate conditions. The application is disposed of as above. V.RAMKUMAR,
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.