High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
E.V.SUBAIR, AGED 36 v. THE SUB INSPECTOR OF POLICE - Crl MC No. 516 of 2007  RD-KL 4860 (7 March 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMCrl MC No. 516 of 2007()
1. E.V.SUBAIR, AGED 36,
2. E.V.MUHAMMEDALI, AGED 46 YEARS,
3. MUHAMMED ASHARAF, AGED 38 YEARS,
1. THE SUB INSPECTOR OF POLICE,
For Petitioner :SRI.TOM K.THOMAS
For Respondent : No Appearance
The Hon'ble MR. Justice R.BASANT
O R D E R
R. BASANT, J.CRL.M.C.NO. 516 OF 2007
Dated this the 7th day of March, 2007
ORDERThe petitioners facing the allegations under Sec.489B of the IPC were released on bail subject to conditions as per the orders dated 2/8/06 and 14/8/06. One of the conditions imposed on them which is now in force is that they must report before the Investigating Officer on one day of every month until the trial and disposal of the sessions case.
2. Investigation is not complete yet. Final report has not been filed. The learned counsel for the petitioners submits that the indefinite continuance of the said condition is working out prejudice, hardship and failure of justice against the petitioners. The petitioners shall appear before the Investigating Officer as and when directed by the Investigating Officer. They shall also furnish the address of their place of residence and change of address from time to time. But unnecessary insistence on monthly visits to the Investigating Officer may, in these circumstances, be CRL.M.C.NO. 516 OF 2007 -: 2 :- avoided, submits the learned counsel for the petitioners.
3. The learned Public Prosecutor opposes this application. The allegations are serious. It is necessary to permit continuance of that condition in the interests of justice. At any rate, the condition may be permitted to remain in force for a further period of three months by which time the police expect to make further progress in the investigation.
4. I am satisfied, considering all the relevant inputs, that the condition can be deleted subject to appropriate safeguards.
5. In the result, this Crl.M.C. is allowed in part. The condition imposed on the petitioners that they must report before the Investigating Officer once in a month on the specified date shall continue to remain in force till 7/6/07. Thereafter, the petitioners need appear before the Investigating Officer as and when directed by the Investigating Officer in writing to do so. The petitioner shall furnish to the Investigating Officer on or before 7/6/07 the address of their place of residence and shall keep the Investigating Officer informed of any subsequent change of such address. They shall CRL.M.C.NO. 516 OF 2007 -: 3 :- not leave India until further orders without the prior permission of the court before which the proceedings against them are pending. Sd/-
(R. BASANT, JUDGE)Nan/ //true copy// P.S. to Judge
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.