High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
P.SASIDHARAN v. THE CHAIRMAN - WP(C) No. 31144 of 2006(G)  RD-KL 492 (8 January 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMWP(C) No. 31144 of 2006(G)
1. THE CHAIRMAN,
2. THE CHIEF ENGINEER (HRM),
3. ACCOUNTS OFFICER (PAY-FIXATION),
4. ACCOUNTS OFFICER (PENSION),
5. THE EXECUTIVE ENGINEER,
For Petitioner :SRI.A.N.RAJAN BABU
For Respondent : No Appearance
The Hon'ble MR. Justice K.K.DENESAN
O R D E R
K.K.DENESAN, JW.P.(C)NO.31144 of 2006
Dated this the 8th day of January, 2007
Heard the learned counsel for the petitioner and the Legal Laision Officer for the respondents.
2. The petitioner retired from the service of the Kerala State Electricity Board on superannuation with effect from 28.2.2006, while working as Overseer. Provisional pension and commuted value of pension have been sanctioned and disbursed to him. Final pension and other terminal benefits including DCRG are yet to be paid.
3. Legal Laision Officer submits that with regard to the higher grade granted to the petitioner, some irregularities have been noticed and after rectifying the mistake committed, the pay of the petitioner will have to be regularised. It is for this reason, delay has occasioned in finally settling the terminal benefits.
4. Since it is 11 months since the petitioner had retired from service, the respondent shall expedite the action taken for regularising the pay and settling the terminal benefits. Hence, it is necessary to fix a time limit for completing the above process. There shall be an order directing the respondents to regularise the pay within one month from the date of receipt of a copy of the judgment. Terminal benefits due to W.P.(C)No. 31144/2006 2 the petitioner shall be finally settled and the amounts due paid to him within six weeks thereafter. The writ petition is disposed of with the above directions.
K.K.DENESAN, JUDGEcss/ W.P.(C)No. 31144/2006 3
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.