High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
AJAYAGHOSH.A.R., AGED 32 v. SUB INSPECTOR OF POLICE - Bail Appl No. 1391 of 2007  RD-KL 4970 (8 March 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 1391 of 2007()
1. AJAYAGHOSH.A.R., AGED 32,
2. BABUTTAN.K.K., AGED 37,
3. MOHAN, AGED 45,
4. SHIBU.P.K., AGED 28,
5. SURESH.P.R., AGED 30, S/O.RAMADEVAN,
1. SUB INSPECTOR OF POLICE,
2. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY
For Petitioner :SRI.M.H.HANIL KUMAR
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
V.RAMKUMAR, J.Bail Application No. 1391/2007 Dated this 8th day of March, 2007
O R D E RThe petitioners who are accused Nos. 1 to 5 in Crime No.487/2006 of Cherpu Police Station for offences punishable under Sections 143, 147, 148, 452, 324, 294(b), 506(i), 427 and 308 IPC read with Section 149 IPC and also under Section 27 of the Arms Act, 1959, seek anticipatory bail.
2. The learned Public Prosecutor opposed the application.
3. The occurrence took place at 8.30 p.m on 11.12.2006 during which two persons sustained injuries consequent on the attack on them by seven named accused persons and 14 identifiable persons allegedly armed with deadly weapons like sword, cricket stumps, iron rods etc.
4. Anticipatory bail cannot be granted in a case of this nature. But at the same time, I am inclined to permit the petitioners to surrender before the Investigating Officer and then to have their applications for regular bail ordered by the Magistrate concerned. Accordingly, the petitioners are B.A.1391/2007 2 directed to surrender before the Investigating Officer on any day between 14.3.2007 and 16.3.2007 for the purpose of interrogation and recovery of incriminating materials, if any. Thereafter, the petitioners shall be produced before the Magistrate having jurisdiction, on the same day. The Magistrate shall consider and dispose of the applications, if any, filed by the petitioners for regular bail preferably on the same day on which the applications are filed. The application is disposed of as above. V.RAMKUMAR,
JUDGEmrcs B.A.1391/2007 3
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.