High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
S.SHYJU @ CHUZHALI, AGED 30 YEARS v. STATE OF KERALA REPRESENTED BY - Bail Appl No. 7671 of 2006  RD-KL 499 (8 January 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 7671 of 2006()
1. S.SHYJU @ CHUZHALI, AGED 30 YEARS,
1. STATE OF KERALA REPRESENTED BY
For Petitioner :SRI.C.C.THOMAS
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
B.A.No. 7671 of 2006
Dated this the 8th day of January, 2007.
ORDERPetitioner, who is the accused in Crime No.450 of 2006 of Neyyattinkara Police Station for offences punishable under Section 8 (1) and (2) of Abkari Act for allegedly having been found in possession of 1190 litres of spirit on 9.6.2006, seeks his enlargement on bail. He was arrested on 3.11.2006 and remanded to the judicial custody on 4.11.2006.
2. Even though the learned Public Prosecutor opposed the application, he fairly conceded that no final report has been submitted even after 60 days of judicial custody of the petitioner. If so, by virtue of the proviso to Section 167(2) Cr.P.C., the petitioner is entitled to be released on bail as of right.
3. Accordingly, the petitioner is directed to be released on bail on his executing a bond for Rs.35,000/- (Rupees thirty five thousand only) with two solvent sureties each for the like amount to the satisfaction of the J.F.C.M.- I, Neyattinkara and subject to the following conditions:- BA 7671/06 -: 2 :-
1. Petitioner shall report before the Investigating Officer between 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. on all Wednesdays.
2. Petitioner shall not influence or intimidate the prosecution witnesses nor shall he attempt to tamper with the evidence for the prosecution.
3. Petitioner shall make himself available for interrogation as and when required by the Investigating Officer.
4. Petitioner shall not commit any offence while on bail. If the petitioner commits breach of any of the above conditions, the bail granted to him shall be liable to be cancelled. This application is allowed as above. V.Ramkumar, Judge. ess 8/1
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.