High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
K.R.MANOJ KUMAR, S/O. RAVEENDRANATHAN v. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY - Bail Appl No. 1385 of 2007  RD-KL 4995 (8 March 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 1385 of 2007()
1. K.R.MANOJ KUMAR, S/O. RAVEENDRANATHAN,
1. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY
For Petitioner :SRI.C.B.SREEKUMAR
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
V.RAMKUMAR, J.Bail Application No. 1385/2007 Dated this 8th day of March, 2007
O R D E RThe petitioner who is the accused in Crime No.371/2006 of Koyipram Police Station for offences punishable under Sections 51, 52-A and 68-A of Copyright Act, 1957 for allegedly stocking thirty pirated CDs, seeks anticipatory bail.
2. Even though the learned Public Prosecutor opposed the application, having regard to the fact that this Court has granted anticipatory bail in similar matters, I am inclined to grant anticipatory bail to the petitioner as well.
3. Accordingly, a direction is issued to the
Investigating Officer to release the petitioner
on bail for a
period of one month in the event of his arrest in connection
with the above
case on his executing a bond for Rs. 10,000/-
(Rupees ten thousand only) with two solvent sureties each
the like amount to the satisfaction to the Investigating officer
and subject to the following conditions:
(a). Petitioner shall report before the Investigating Officer between 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. on all Wednesdays. B.A.1385/2007 2
(b). The petitioner shall make himself available for interrogation as and when required by the Investigating Officer.
(c). The petitioner shall not influence or intimidate the prosecution witnesses nor shall he attempt to tamper with the evidence for the prosecution.
(d). Petitioner shall not commit any offence while on bail.
(e). Petitioner shall surrender before the Magistrate concerned and seek regular bail in the meanwhile.
4. If the petitioner commits breach of any of the above conditions, the bail granted to him shall be liable to be cancelled. The application is allowed as above. V.RAMKUMAR,
JUDGEmrcs B.A.1385/2007 3
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.