High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
VIJAYAKUMARAN NAIR, S/O. BALAKRISHNAN v. SUB INSPECTOR OF POLICE - Bail Appl No. 1411 of 2007  RD-KL 5154 (9 March 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 1411 of 2007()
1. VIJAYAKUMARAN NAIR, S/O. BALAKRISHNAN
2. REMESAN NAIR, S/O. KESAVAPILLAI,
1. SUB INSPECTOR OF POLICE,
For Petitioner :SRI.A.RAJASIMHAN
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
V.RAMKUMAR, J.Bail Application No. 1411/2007 Dated this 9th day of March, 2007
O R D E RThe petitioners who are accused Nos. 1 and 2 in Crime No.34/2007 of Vithura Police Station for offences punishable under Sections 323, 379 and 447 IPC read with Section 34 IPC, seek anticipatory bail.
2. The learned Public Prosecutor opposed the application.
3. The occurrence took place on 3.2.2007 at 2.00 p.m, when the petitioners demanded money to the defacto complainant, a lady, allegedly due to a rubber tapper, the brother of the second accused, and they assaulted the defacto complainant consequent on she refusing to pay the money. The portion of her gold chain is also alleged to have snatched by the petitioners.
4. Even though anticipatory bail cannot be granted in a case of this nature, I am inclined to permit the petitioners to surrender before the Investigating Officer for the purpose of interrogation and then to have their applications for regular B.A.1411/2007 2 bail, ordered by the Magistrate concerned. Accordingly, the petitioners are directed to surrender before the Investigating Officer on any day between 15.3.2007 and 17.3.2007 for the purpose of interrogation. Thereafter, the petitioners shall be produced on the same day before the concerned Magistrate, who shall release the petitioners on bail on appropriate conditions. The application is disposed of as above. V.RAMKUMAR,
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.