High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
PRADEEP, S/O PANKAJAKSHAN v. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY - Crl MC No. 672 of 2007  RD-KL 5354 (13 March 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMCrl MC No. 672 of 2007()
1. PRADEEP, S/O PANKAJAKSHAN,
1. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY
For Petitioner :SRI.RAJIT
For Respondent : No Appearance
The Hon'ble MR. Justice R.BASANT
O R D E R
R.BASANT, JCrl.M.C.No.672 of 2007
Dated this the 13th day of March, 2007
ORDERThe petitioner has been released on bail subject to conditions as per order dated 22.02.2007. The petitioner has been directed to execute a bond for Rs.35,000/- with two solvent sureties. It is further insisted that both the sureties must produce solvency certificate for Rs.35,000/- to satisfy the learned Magistrate of their solvency.
2. The learned counsel for the petitioner submits that this insistence on production of solvency certificate by the sureties is unnecessary. The petitioner is willing to make cash deposit for Rs.35,000/-. In these circumstances, the condition imposed may be altered and it may be directed that the petitioner shall be released on bail on condition of his executing a bond for Rs.35,000/- and on furnishing cash security for Rs.35,000/-, it is prayed.
3. I am satisfied that the said request can be allowed. The petitioner has not been able to avail the benefit of the order granting bail passed on 22.02.2007.
4. In the result, this Crl.M.C is, allowed in part. In supersession of the condition imposed on the petitioner by order dated 22.02.2007, it is directed that the petitioner need only execute a bond for Rs.35,000/- and furnish cash security for the said amount of Rs.35,000/-. Crl.M.C.No.672 of 2007 2
5. Hand over a copy of this order to the learned counsel for the petitioner.
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.