High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
P.S.SULAIMAN, AGED 55 YEARS v. STATE OF KERALA - Bail Appl No. 7789 of 2006  RD-KL 603 (9 January 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 7789 of 2006()
1. P.S.SULAIMAN, AGED 55 YEARS,
2. BAIJU P.S., S/O.SULAIMAN,
1. STATE OF KERALA,
For Petitioner :SRI.C.S.MANU
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
B.A.No. 7789 of 2006
Dated this the 9th day of January, 2007.
ORDERIn this petition, filed under Section 438 Cr.P.C., the petitioners, who are accused Nos. 1 and 2 in Crime No.321 of 2006 of Peerumedu Police Station for an offence punishable under Section 420 read with Section 34 I.P.C., seek anticipatory bail.
2. I heard the learned counsel for the petitioners and the learned Public Prosecutor.
3. Having regard to the nature of the allegations levelled against the petitioners and the other circumstances of the case, I am inclined to grant anticipatory bail to the petitioners. Accordingly, a direction is issued to the officer-in-charge of the police station concerned to release the petitioners on bail for a period of one month in the event of their arrest in connection with the above case on each of them executing a bond for Rs. 10,000/- with two solvent sureties each for the like amount to the satisfaction to the said officer and subject to the following conditions:
1. Petitioners shall report before the Investigating Officer between 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. on all Wednesdays. BA 7789/06 -: 2 :-
2. Petitioners shall make themselves available for interrogation as and when required by the Investigating Officer.
3. Petitioners shall not influence or intimidate the prosecution witnesses nor shall they attempt to tamper with the evidence for the prosecution.
4. Petitioners shall not commit any offence while on bail.
5. Petitioners shall surrender before the Magistrate concerned and seek regular bail in the meanwhile. If the petitioners commit breach of any of the above conditions, the bail granted to them shall be liable to be cancelled. This application is allowed as above. V.RAMKUMAR,
JUDGE.ess 9/1 BA 7789/06 -: 3 :- V.Ramkumar, Judge. ess
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.