High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
SUGATHAN, S/O. SAHADEVAN v. PRASANNAKUMAR K., S/O. KRISHNAN - Crl MC No. 854 of 2007  RD-KL 6138 (23 March 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMCrl MC No. 854 of 2007()
1. SUGATHAN, S/O. SAHADEVAN,
1. PRASANNAKUMAR K., S/O. KRISHNAN,
2. STATE OF KERALA, REP. BY
For Petitioner :SRI.M.P.VIJAYAN
For Respondent : No Appearance
The Hon'ble MR. Justice R.BASANT
O R D E R
R.BASANT, J.Crl.M.C.No.854 of 2007
Dated this the 23rd day of March 2007
O R D E RThe petitioner faces indictment for offences under Sections 452 and 324 I.P.C. He has now been sentenced to undergo imprisonment till rising of court and to pay an amount of Rs.50,000/- as compensation to PW2. He was directed to appear before the learned Magistrate to undergo substantive sentence on 25/09/2006.
2. According to the petitioner, he has already paid an amount of Rs.50,000/- to PW2 but he apprehends that the learned Magistrate may oblige him to undergo the default sentence.
3. I find no merit whatsoever in this apprehension. The apprehension, if any, must be laid to rest by the decision in Girish v. Muthoot Capital Service (P) Ltd. [2007(1) KLT 16].
4. It is for the petitioner now to appear before the learned Magistrate along with the complainant and satisfy the learned Magistrate that the amount of compensation has been paid, as directed, though belatedly. If such amount has been Crl.M.C.No.854/07 2 paid, there can be no question of execution of any default sentence. The petitioner, if such amount has been paid, has only to undergo the substantive sentence of imprisonment till rising of court now. No further directions need be issued in the light of the decision in Girish v. Muthoot Capital Service (P) Ltd. [2007(1) KLT 16] . No further clarification is necessary.
5. In the result, this Criminal Miscellaneous Case is dismissed.
(R.BASANT, JUDGE)jsr // True Copy// PA to Judge. Crl.M.C.No.854/07 3 Crl.M.C.No.854/07 4
ORDER21ST DAY OF JULY 2006
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.