High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
SUKUMARAN, AGED 55 YEARS v. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY THE - Bail Appl No. 1804 of 2007  RD-KL 6139 (23 March 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 1804 of 2007()
1. SUKUMARAN, AGED 55 YEARS,
1. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY THE
For Petitioner :SRI.MVS.NAMBOOTHIRY
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
V.RAMKUMAR, J.Bail Application No. 1804/2007 Dated this 23rd day of March, 2007
O R D E RThe petitioner, who is the accused in C.R.No.17/2007 of Ranni Excise Range for an offence punishable under Section 55(I) of the Abkari Act for allegedly having been found selling IMFL on retail on 10.3.2007 and who was arrested on the same day, seeks his enlargement on bail.
2. Having regard to the facts and circumstances of the case including affliction of the petitioner's wife, cancer for which she is undergoing treatment, I am inclined to grant bail, but only from a future date.
3. Accordingly, the petitioner is directed to be released
on bail with effect from 30.3.2007, on his executing
a bond for
Rs. 20,000/- (Rupees twenty thousand only) with two solvent
sureties each for the like
amount to the satisfaction of the
J.F.C.M, Ranni and subject to the following conditions:
(a). Petitioner shall report before the Investigating Officer between 9 a.m. and 11
a.m. on all Wednesdays. B.A.1804/2007 2
(b). The petitioner shall make himself available for interrogation as and when required by the police.
(c). The petitioner shall not influence or intimidate the prosecution witnesses nor shall he attempt to tamper with the evidence for the prosecution.
(d). The petitioner shall not commit any offence while on bail.
4. If the petitioner commits breach of any of the above conditions, the bail granted to him shall be liable to be cancelled. The application is allowed as above. V.RAMKUMAR,
JUDGEmrcs B.A.1804/2007 3
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.