High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
ABDHUSALAM, S/O MUHAMMAD v. THE TAHSILDAR - WP(C) No. 10377 of 2007(I)  RD-KL 6159 (26 March 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMWP(C) No. 10377 of 2007(I)
1. ABDHUSALAM, S/O MUHAMMAD,
1. THE TAHSILDAR,
2. THE DISTRICT COLLECTOR,
3. THE SUB INSPECTOR OF POLICE,
4. THE KEEZHUPARAMB GRAMA PANCHAYAT,
5. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY THE
For Petitioner :SRI.SUNNY MATHEW
For Respondent : No Appearance
The Hon'ble MR. Justice PIUS C.KURIAKOSE
O R D E R
PIUS C. KURIAKOSE, J.W.P.(C) No.10377 of 2007 DT. MARCH 26, 2007
Government Pleader takes notice on behalf of respondents 1 to 3. Heard both sides.
2. Since the 2nd respondent is the adjudicating authority and since the adjudication is apparently going on, this writ petition will stand disposed of at this stage with the following directions:- The 2nd respondent will finalise the adjudication proceedings at his earliest and, at any rate, within four months of receiving copy of this judgment. In the meanwhile if the petitioner prefers an application before the 2nd respondent for immediate release of his vehicle having registration No.KL 11A 6702 and the sand pending adjudication before the 2nd respondent, the 2nd respondent will pass early orders on the same, that is, within seven days of registration of the interlocutory application. Decision will be taken by the 2nd respondent on that application for interim reliefs taking into account the judgment of this court reported in Moosakoya v. State of Kerala - 2005 (4) KLT 331 and also the judgment of the Supreme Court reported in Sunderbai Ambalal Desai v. State of Gujarat - SC 2003 (2) KLT 1089 and any other judicial pronouncement which may be cited by the petitioner before the 2nd respondent in support of his application. As far as possible the District Collector will take note of the conditions which used to be imposed by this court while passing interim orders of release of vehicles involved in similar cases pending adjudication by the District Collector.
PIUS C. KURIAKOSE, JUDGE.
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.