High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
AJI @ KUNJAN, S/O.VELAYUDAN v. CIRCLE INSPECTOR OF POLICE - Bail Appl No. 1769 of 2007  RD-KL 6162 (26 March 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 1769 of 2007()
1. AJI @ KUNJAN, S/O.VELAYUDAN,
1. CIRCLE INSPECTOR OF POLICE,
2. SUB INSPECTOR OF POLICE,
3. STATE OF KERALA, REP. BY PUBLIC
For Petitioner :SRI.T.K.SHAIJ RAJ
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
V.RAMKUMAR, J.Bail Application No. 1769/2007 Dated this 26th day of March, 2007
O R D E RThe petitioner, who is the fifth accused in Crime No.210/2006 of Vilappilsala Police Station for offences punishable under Sections 8(2) and 55(a) of the Abkari Act for allegedly having been found in possession of 8331 litres of spirit on 22.1.2007 and who was arrested on the same day, seeks his enlargement on bail.
2. Even though the learned Public Prosecutor opposed the application, he fairly conceded that the final report has not been filed in this case even after 60 days of judicial custody of the petitioner. If so, the petitioner is entitled to bail as of right.
3. Accordingly, the petitioner is directed to be released
on bail on his executing a bond for Rs.50,000/-
thousand only) with two solvent sureties each for the like
amount to the satisfaction
of the J.F.C.M, Kattakkada, and
subject to the following conditions:
(a). The petitioner shall report before the Investigating Officer between 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. on all Wednesdays. B.A.1769/2007 2
(b). The petitioner shall make himself available for interrogation as and when required by the police till the filing of the final report.
(c). The petitioner shall not influence or intimidate the prosecution witnesses nor shall he attempt to tamper with the evidence for the prosecution.
(d). The petitioner shall not commit any offence while on bail.
4. If the petitioner commits breach of any of the above conditions, the bail granted to him shall be liable to be cancelled. The application is allowed as above. V.RAMKUMAR,
JUDGEmrcs B.A.1769/2007 3
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.