High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
K.R.SATHEESH CHANDRAN, AGED 36 YEARS v. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY ITS - WP(C) No. 30407 of 2006(T)  RD-KL 6188 (26 March 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMWP(C) No. 30407 of 2006(T)
1. K.R.SATHEESH CHANDRAN, AGED 36 YEARS,
1. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY ITS
2. THE DIRECTOR OF HIGHER SECONDARY
3. JOINT DIRECTOR (DIRECTOR-IN-CHARGE)
For Petitioner :SRI.P.I.DAVIS
For Respondent :GOVERNMENT PLEADER
The Hon'ble MR. Justice K.K.DENESAN
O R D E R
K.K.DENESAN, J.WP(C)No. 30407 OF 2006
Dated this the 26th March, 2007.
The petitioner was appointed temporarily as Peon for a period of 179 days. On the expiry of that term of appointment he was allowed to continue in service. According to the respondents he was discharging the duties of Part Time Sweeper. Apprehending that his services will be terminated and orders appointing him as Part Time Sweeper will not be passed by the Government, this writ petition has been filed. Reliefs prayed for by the petitioner includes a prayer for the issuance of a writ of mandamus directing the second and the third respondents to take appropriate steps to appoint the petitioner as Part Time Contingent Sweeper in the post created as per G.O dated 7.6.2006 and on the basis of Government letter dated 7.6.2006 as also the second respondent's letter dated 8.6.2006.
2. Govt. Pleader, on instruction, submits that Government have taken a decision to appoint the petitioner as Part Time Sweeper and to allow him to continue in service subject to the service conditions applicable to Part Time Contingent Sweeper. It is submitted that Government had issued orders appointing the petitioner as WPC 30407/2006 2 Part Time Sweeper on 7.6.2006 and consequential orders by the second respondent on 8.6.2006 but formal release of the order has not so far taken place. Govt. Pleader submits that the same will be done without any delay.
3. Recording the above submission, writ petition is disposed of. K.K.DENESAN Judge jj
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.