High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
SADANANDAN, S/O.KESAVAN v. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY - Bail Appl No. 60 of 2007  RD-KL 620 (9 January 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 60 of 2007()
1. SADANANDAN, S/O.KESAVAN,
1. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY
For Petitioner :SRI.K.SASIKUMAR
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
V. RAMKUMAR, J.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
BAIL APPLICATION NO. 60 OF 2007
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
DATED THIS THE 9th DAY OF JANUARY, 2007
O R D E RPetitioner who is the first accused in O.R.No.12/06 of Adoor Excise Range for an offence punishable under section 55(a) of the Abkari act for allegedly having been found in joint possession of 105 litres of spirit on 30.11.2006 and who was arrested on the same day, seeks his enlargement on bail.
2. Learned Public Prosecutor opposed the application.
3. It is too early to accept the petitioner's contention that he was only a visitor of the house belonging to his son-in-law and that he is not guilty of the offence alleged against him.
4. I am not satisfied that both the grounds enumerated under Clause (b)(ii) of Sec.41 A of the Abkari Act are present in this case so as to justify the release of the petitioner on bail. This application is accordingly dismissed.
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.