High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
JASIM @ ANIYAN KUNJU v. STATE OF KERALA - Bail Appl No. 1817 of 2007  RD-KL 6276 (27 March 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 1817 of 2007()
1. JASIM @ ANIYAN KUNJU,
1. STATE OF KERALA,
2. SUB INSPECTOR OF POLICE, KOLLAM
For Petitioner :SRI.VINOY VARGHESE KALLUMOOTTILL
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
V.RAMKUMAR, J.Bail Application No. 1817/2007 Dated this 27th day of March, 2007
O R D E RThe petitioner, who is the first accused in Crime No.188/2007 of Kollam East Police Station for offences punishable under Sections 406 and 465 IPC read with Section 34 IPC, seeks his enlargement on bail.
2. The case of the prosecution is that the first accused, who availed a loan of Rs.54,000/- from the Kollam branch of HDFC bank for purchasing a motorcycle and committed default in the re-payment of the loan, after forging the numberplate of the motorcycle made available the vehicle to the second accused. The petitioner was arrested on 5.3.2007.
3. Having regard to the facts and circumstances of the case, including the duration of the judicial custody of the petitioner, I am inclined to grant bail to him, but subject to the conditions safeguarding the interest of the prosecution also.
4. Accordingly, the petitioner is directed to be released
on bail on his executing a bond for Rs.
10,000/- (Rupees ten
thousand only) with two solvent sureties each for the like
amount to the satisfaction
of the C.J.M., Kollam and subject to
the following conditions:
(a). The petitioner shall report before the Investigating Officer between 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. on all Wednesdays.
(b). The petitioner shall make himself available for interrogation as and when required by the police till the filing of the final report.
(c). The petitioner shall not influence or intimidate the prosecution witnesses nor shall he attempt to tamper with the evidence for the prosecution.
(d). The petitioner shall not commit any offence while on bail.
5. If the petitioner commits breach of any of the above conditions, the bail granted to him shall be liable to be cancelled. The application is allowed as above. V.RAMKUMAR,
JUDGEmrcs B.A.1817/2007 3
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.