High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
SHAKEELA ASHRAF, AGED 38 YEARS v. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY - WP(C) No. 544 of 2007(M)  RD-KL 630 (9 January 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMWP(C) No. 544 of 2007(M)
1. SHAKEELA ASHRAF, AGED 38 YEARS,
1. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY
2. THE PRINCIPAL SECRETARY,
3. THE DIRECTOR GENERAL OF POLICE,
4. THE DISTRICT COLLECTOR,
5. THE COMMISSIONER OF POLICE,
For Petitioner :SRI.P.A.NOOR MUHAMMED
For Respondent : No Appearance
The Hon'ble MR. Justice K.K.DENESAN
O R D E R
K.K.DENESAN, J.WP(C)No. 544 OF 2007
Dated this the 9th January, 2007.
The petitioner is a widow. She is unemployed though she possesses a graduate degree. Her husband died in harness on 27.2.2003. As on the date of death, he was working as police constable. Ext.P2 application in the prescribed proforma along with other enclosures were submitted by her to the Commissioner of Police, Kochi city seeking the benefit of compassionate appointment under the dying in harness scheme. Govt. Pleader submits that the application has been forwarded by the department to the Government and the same is under consideration of the Government. The petitioner has represented the dire need for an employment to tide over the financial crisis and the representation filed by her before the Hon'ble Chief Minister was forwarded to the concerned department for urgent action.
2. In the circumstances, I am inclined to dispose of the writ petition directing the second respondent to pass orders in accordance with law without any further delay. A time limit of six weeks from the date of receipt of a copy of this judgment is fixed for the above purpose. The petitioner shall produce a copy of the judgment along with WPC 544/2007 2 a copy of the writ petition before the second respondent for information and compliance. K.K.DENESAN Judge jj
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.