High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
BABU, S/O. SUKU v. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY - Bail Appl No. 1913 of 2007  RD-KL 6527 (29 March 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 1913 of 2007()
1. BABU, S/O. SUKU,
2. RAMAKRISHNAN, S/O. SUKU,
3. MANI, S/O. KUNCHATHAN,
4. UNNI, S/O. THOOMBAN,
5. SANEESH, S/O. BALAN,
1. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY
For Petitioner :SRI.S.RAJEEV
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
V.RAMKUMAR, J.Bail Application No. 1913/2007 Dated this 29nd day of March, 2007
O R D E RThe petitioners who are accused Nos. 1 to 5 in Crime No.48/2007 of Tanur Police Station for offences punishable under Sections 143, 147, 148, 452, 324 and 307 IPC read with Section 149 IPC and also under Section 27 of the Arms Act, 1959, seek their enlargement on bail. The occurrence took place at about 7.00 a.m on 24.1.2007. The accused Nos. 1 and 5 were arrested on 29.1.2007 and accused Nos. 2 to 4 were arrested on 25.1.2007.
2. The learned Public Prosecutor opposed the application.
3. Having regard to the facts and circumstances of the case and also the turbulent situation still prevailing in that area and in the neighbouring place, I am inclined to grant bail the petitioners only from a future date and that too on stringent conditions.
4. Accordingly, the petitioners are directed to be
released on bail with effect from 4.4.2007
on each of them
executing a bond for Rs. 10,000/- (Rupees ten thousand only)
with two solvent
sureties each for the like amount to the
satisfaction of the J.F.C.M-I, Parappanangadi and subject to the
(a). The petitioners shall not enter the limits of Malappuram District until further orders.
(b). The petitioners shall report before the City Police Commissioner, Kozhikode between 9.00 a.m and 11.00 a.m on all Wednesdays.
(c). The petitioners shall make themselves available for interrogation as and when required by the police.
(d). The petitioners shall not influence or intimidate the prosecution witnesses nor shall they attempt to tamper with the evidence for the prosecution.
(e). The petitioners shall not commit any offence while on bail.
5. If the petitioners commit breach of any of the above conditions, the bail granted to them shall be liable to be cancelled. The application is allowed as above. V.RAMKUMAR,
JUDGEmrcs B.A.1913/2007 3
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.