High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
C.J.THOMAS, S/O.JOSEPH v. THE STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY - WP(C) No. 11164 of 2007(D)  RD-KL 6692 (30 March 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMWP(C) No. 11164 of 2007(D)
1. C.J.THOMAS, S/O.JOSEPH,
2. M.J.CHACKO, S/O.M.K.JOHN,
1. THE STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY
2. THE DIRECTOR OF PANCHAYATHS,
3. THE DEPUTY DIRECTOR OF PANCHAYATS,
For Petitioner :SRI.JOICE GEORGE
For Respondent : No Appearance
The Hon'ble MR. Justice K.K.DENESAN
O R D E R
K.K.DENESAN, J.WP(C)No. 11164 OF 2007 D
Dated this the 30th March, 2007.
The petitioners are working as Junior Superintendents in the Panchayat department. It is contended that they have passed the minority language test in Tamil and therefore entitled to be considered for promotion invoking Rule 9(d) of Part II K.S & S.S.R. Exts.P4 and P5 are representations filed by petitioners 1 and 2 respectively before the second respondent.
2. Counsel for the petitioners submits that this Court may direct the second respondent to take early decision on Exts.P4 and P5.
3. Govt. Pleader is also heard in the matter.
4. In the circumstances the second respondent is directed to consider Exts.P4 and P5, take appropriate decision and communicate the same to the petitioners within six weeks from the date of receipt of a copy of the judgment. Writ petition is disposed of accordingly. K.K.DENESAN Judge jj
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.