High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
ANOOP, S/O. KUMARAN v. S.I. OF POLICE - Bail Appl No. 80 of 2007  RD-KL 670 (10 January 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 80 of 2007()
1. ANOOP, S/O. KUMARAN,
2. BABU, S/O. JANARDHANAN,
1. S.I. OF POLICE,
2. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY
For Petitioner :SRI.V.SETHUNATH
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
V. RAMKUMAR, J.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Bail Application NO. 80 of 2007
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
O R D E RPetitioners who are accused Nos. 1 and 2 in Crime No, 536/06 of Aranmula Police Station for offences punishable under Sections 8(1) and (2) of the Abkari Act for allegedly having been found in joint possession of 1 = liters of illicit arrack, seek anticipatory bail.
2. The learned Public Prosecutor opposed the application.
3. Anticipatory bail cannot be granted in a case of this nature. It is too early to accept the petitioners contention that they were falsely implicated by the police. There is no reason why the petitioners should not surrender before the Magistrate concerned and seek regular bail. Accordingly, if the petitioners surrender before the Magistrate concerned and file an application for regular bail within two weeks from today the same shall be considered and disposed of preferably on the same date on which it is filed after considering the submission of the petitioners that on the date and time alleged by the prosecution a detection could not have been made. It is open to the petitioners to place all relevant records before the Magistrate who shall take into consideration the submission of the petitioners before disposing of the bail application. This Application is disposed of accordingly.
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.