High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
MANILAL C.K., AGED 40 YEARS v. THE DIRECTOR OF PRINTING - WP(C) No. 11263 of 2007(N)  RD-KL 6733 (30 March 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMWP(C) No. 11263 of 2007(N)
1. MANILAL C.K., AGED 40 YEARS,
2. UNNIKRISHNAN O.S., AGED 38 YEARS,
1. THE DIRECTOR OF PRINTING,
2. STATE OF KERALA REPRESENTED BY
For Petitioner :SRI.V.PHILIP MATHEW
For Respondent : No Appearance
The Hon'ble MR. Justice K.K.DENESAN
O R D E R
K.K.DENESAN, J.WP(C).No. 11263 OF 2007 N
Dated this the 30th March, 2007.
The petitioners belong to the category of Binder Gr.I. It is stated that they are seniors in that category and are due for promotion to the next category of senior grade. Counsel for the petitioners submits that two vacancies in the higher grade are available in the Government Press where they are now working and that even after promotion they can be allowed to continue in the same place. According to the petitioners they are physically challenged persons and that Government Orders granting protection from transfer etc. to physically challenged persons would enure to the benefit of the petitioners.
2. Exts.P7 and P8 are representations filed by petitioners 1 and 2 respectively and it is only proper that the first respondent will take up for consideration the above representations before passing orders promoting eligible persons in the feeder category to the higher category of senior grade, if orders of promotion have not already been made.
3. Heard Govt. Pleader also.
4. Writ petition is disposed of directing the first respondent to pass orders on Exts.P7 and P8 as WPC 11263/2007 2 expeditiously as possible. The petitioner shall serve a copy of judgment on the first respondent for necessary action. K.K.DENESAN Judge jj
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.