High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
SHANMUKHA KUMAR, S/O.KUTTY v. SUB INSPECTOR OF POLICE, S.BATHERY - Bail Appl No. 1936 of 2007  RD-KL 6768 (30 March 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 1936 of 2007()
1. SHANMUKHA KUMAR, S/O.KUTTY,
1. SUB INSPECTOR OF POLICE, S.BATHERY.
2. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY
For Petitioner :SRI.N.J.ANTONY
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
V.RAMKUMAR, J.Bail Application No. 1936/2007 Dated this 30th day of March, 2007
O R D E RThe petitioner, who is the accused in Crime No.62/2007 of Sulthan Bathery Police Station for an offence punishable under Section 55(a) of the Abkari Act for allegedly having been found in possession of 66.750 litres of IMFL in 89 bottles on 8.2.2007 and who was arrested on the same day, seeks his enlargement on bail.
2. I heard the learned counsel for the petitioner and the learned Public Prosecutor.
3. Having regard to the nature of the offences and the
other circumstances of the case, I am inclined to grant
the petitioner. Accordingly, the petitioner is directed to be
released on bail on his
executing a bond for Rs. 35,000/-
(Rupees Thirty Five thousand only) with two solvent sureties
each for the like amount to the satisfaction of the J.F.C.M-I,
Sulthan Bathery and subject to the
(a). Petitioner shall report before the Investigating Officer between 9 a.m. and 11
a.m. on all Wednesdays. B.A.1936/2007 2
(b). The petitioner shall make himself available for interrogation as and when required by the police.
(c). The petitioner shall not influence or intimidate the prosecution witnesses nor shall he attempt to tamper with the evidence for the prosecution.
(d). The petitioner shall not commit any offence while on bail.
4. If the petitioner commits breach of any of the above conditions, the bail granted to him shall be liable to be cancelled. The application is allowed as above. V.RAMKUMAR,
JUDGEmrcs B.A.1936/2007 3
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.