High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
SHABEER, S/O MUHAMMED SALI v. THE SUB INSPECTOR OF POLICE - Bail Appl No. 1988 of 2007  RD-KL 6907 (2 April 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 1988 of 2007()
1. SHABEER, S/O MUHAMMED SALI,
2. SHANAZ SHABEER, S/O SHABEER,
3. SHADIL SHABEER, S/O SHABEER,
1. THE SUB INSPECTOR OF POLICE,
2. STATE REPRESENTED BY
For Petitioner :SRI.T.G.RAJENDRAN
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
V.RAMKUMAR, J.Bail Application No. 1988/2007 Dated this 2nd day of April, 2007
O R D E RThe petitioners, who are accused Nos. 1 to 3 in Crime No.12/2003 of Peroorkada Police Station for offences punishable under Sections 143, 147, 148, 294(b), 324 and 308 IPC read with Section 149 IPC, seek anticipatory bail.
2. Consequent on the non appearance of the petitioners before the Additional Sessions Court (Fast Track-II), Thiruvananthapuram in S.C.No.2035/2004, non bailable warrants of arrest are pending against the petitioners. Such being the position, I am not inclined to nullify the process issued by a court of competent jurisdiction by granting anticipatory bail. There is no reason why the petitioners should not surrender before the trial Court and seek regular bail.
3. Accordingly, if the petitioners surrender before the trial Court and file applications for regular bail within two weeks from today, the same shall be considered and disposed of, preferably on the same day on which such applications are filed, B.A.1988/2007 2 after examining the explanation submitted by the petitioners for their previous non appearance. The application is disposed of as above. V.RAMKUMAR,
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.