High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
P.J.VARGHESE, AGED 62 YEARS v. STATE OF KERALA - WP(C) No. 11006 of 2007(I)  RD-KL 7044 (3 April 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMWP(C) No. 11006 of 2007(I)
1. P.J.VARGHESE, AGED 62 YEARS,
1. STATE OF KERALA,
2. THE DISTRICT COLLECTOR,
3. THE DISTRICT SUPPLY OFFICER,
4. THE TALUK SUPPLY OFFICER,
5. THE COMMISSIONER OF CIVIL SUPPLIES,
For Petitioner :SRI.P.K.BALAKRISHNAN NAIR
For Respondent : No Appearance
The Hon'ble MR. Justice S.SIRI JAGAN
O R D E R
S. SIRI JAGAN, J.W.P.(C)NO.11006 OF 2007
DATED THIS THE 3rd DAY OF APRIL, 2007
The petitioner is an aspirant for allotment of an Authorised Ration Depot in Kothamangalam Taluk. Pursuant to notification inviting applications, he submitted his application through post. But unfortunately the same was received by the 4th respondent beyond the date fixed as last date for receiving the applications. The petitioner filed an appeal before the 3rd respondent. The petitioner's appeal was also dismissed. The petitioner therefore filed Ext.P12 petition before the 1st respondent. He now seeks a direction to the 1st respondent to consider and pass orders on Ext.P12 expeditiously.
2. I have heard the learned counsel for the petitioner as also the learned Government pleader. In the facts and circumstances of the case, there would be a direction to the 1st respondent to consider and dispose of Ext.P12 petition as expeditiously as possible, at any rate, within two months from the date of receipt of a copy of this judgment after affording an opportunity of being heard not only to the W.P..(C)11006/07 2 petitioner but also to other applicants, who have submitted their applications pursuant to the notification inviting applications. Writ petition is disposed of as above.
S. SIRI JAGAN, JUDGEAcd
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.