High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
SATHEESHKUMAR, S/O. BHASKARAN v. STATE OF KERALA - Bail Appl No. 1957 of 2007  RD-KL 7073 (3 April 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 1957 of 2007()
1. SATHEESHKUMAR, S/O. BHASKARAN,
2. SREELAL @ KANNAN, S/O. SOMANKANI,
1. STATE OF KERALA,
For Petitioner :SRI.T.A.UNNIKRISHNAN
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
V.RAMKUMAR, J.Bail Application No. 1957/2007 Dated this 3rd day of April, 2007
O R D E RThe petitioners, who are accused Nos. 1 and 2 in Crime No.75/2007 of Palode Police Station for an offence punishable under Section 302 IPC seek their enlargement on bail.
2. The learned Public Prosecutor opposed the application.
3. The occurrence took place at 9.30 p.m on 4.3.2007, in the course of which 25 year old Aji was allegedly assaulted by the petitioners with a chopper and a stick resulting in his sustaining 33 injuries to which he succumbed on the next day.
4. The learned counsel for the petitioner submitted that the facts and circumstances of the case will only reveal an offence punishable under Part II of Section 302 IPC.
5. It is too early to come to any such conclusion. The deceased had sustained 33 injuries including severe head injuries inflicted on him with a chopper and a stick. Prima facie, I am not inclined to accept the above submission of the petitioners. B.A.1957/2007 2
6. Having regard to the nature of the injuries, the circumstances under which the injuries were sustained, the duration of the judicial custody of the petitioners and the present stage of the investigation, I am not inclined to grant bail to the petitioner at this stage. The application is accordingly dismissed. V.RAMKUMAR,
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.