High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
PRASENAN.B., S/O.K.K.BHANU v. STATE OF KERALA, REP. BY PUBLIC - Crl MC No. 1066 of 2007  RD-KL 7159 (4 April 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMCrl MC No. 1066 of 2007()
1. PRASENAN.B., S/O.K.K.BHANU,
1. STATE OF KERALA, REP. BY PUBLIC
2. M.MURALEEDHARAN PILLAI,
For Petitioner :SRI.T.A.UNNIKRISHNAN
For Respondent : No Appearance
The Hon'ble MR. Justice R.BASANT
O R D E R
R. BASANT, J.CRL.M.C.NO. 1066 OF 2007
Dated this the 4th day of April, 2007
ORDERThe petitioner faces indictment in a prosecution under Sec.138 of the Negotiable Instruments Act. The trial has reached the stage of defence evidence. The petitioner examined himself as D.W.1. He had cited two witnesses as D.Ws.2 and 3. On the date of their examination, the counsel was not personally present. D.W.2 was examined and the documents were marked. D.W.3, who was cited, was not examined. Later, the petitioner filed an application to recall D.Ws.2 and 3. The learned Magistrate considered the said request in detail. Permission was not granted to recall D.W.2. Permission was granted to recall D.W.3, subject to conditions.
2. The petitioner has now come to this Court complaining about the refusal for permission to recall D.W.2. No other contentions are raised. In para-5 of the order, the CRL.M.C.NO. 1066 OF 2007 -: 2 :- learned Magistrate has adverted in detail to the circumstances which prompted the court not to grant the said request to recall D.W.2 - a Bank Manager, employed at Punalur. The court found that both circumstances to prove which D.W.2 was examined have already been introduced in evidence and there is no need to recall D.W.2, who is working far away at Punalur.
3. Though an opportunity has been given pointedly to explain how the reason given in para-5 is not satisfactory or defective, none has been urged before me. I find the reason given by the court to be convincing. At any rate, I am satisfied that it is not necessary to interfere with the impugned order by invoking the powers under Sec.482 of the Cr.P.C.
4. This Crl.M.C. is, in these circumstances, dismissed. Sd/-
(R. BASANT, JUDGE)Nan/ //true copy// P.S. to Judge
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.