High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
KAREEM @ PUNCHAKKARAN KAREEM v. THE STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY - Bail Appl No. 1984 of 2007  RD-KL 7240 (9 April 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 1984 of 2007()
1. KAREEM @ PUNCHAKKARAN KAREEM,
1. THE STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY
For Petitioner :SRI.BABU S. NAIR
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
V.RAMKUMAR, J.Bail Application Nos. 1984/2007 & 2046/2007 Dated this 9th day of April, 2007
O R D E RThe common petitioner in these applications for regular bail is the common first accused in Crime Nos.144/2007 and 145/2007 of Perinthalmanna Police Station. Crime No.144/2007 stands registered for offences punishable under Sections 376 and 506(i) IPC read with Section 3(2)(v) of the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Act, 1989. Crime No.145/2007 stand registered for offences punishable under Sections 447, 323, 324 and 506(i) IPC read with Section 34 IPC and also under Section 3(1)(x) of the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Act, 1989. The petitioner surrendered before the J.F.C.M-I, Perinthalmanna on 23.3.2007 and was remanded to judicial custody where he continues.
2. In as much as the police custody of the petitioner was also given and potency test is also over, having regard to the facts and circumstances of the case including the duration of judicial custody of the petitioner, I am inclined to grant bail to the petitioner only from a future date. B.A.1984 & 2046/2007 2
3. Accordingly, the petitioner is directed to be released
on bail with effect from 16.4.2007, on his executing
a bond for
Rs. 10,000/- (Rupees ten thousand only) with two solvent
sureties each for the like
amount to the satisfaction of the
J.F.C.M-I, Perinthalmanna in each of the cases and subject to
(a). The petitioner shall report before the Investigating Officer between 9 am. and 11 am. on all Wednesdays.
(b). The petitioner shall make himself available for interrogation as and when required by the police till the filing of the final report.
(c). The petitioner shall not influence or intimidate the prosecution witnesses nor shall he attempt to tamper with the evidence for the prosecution.
(d). The petitioner shall not commit any offence while on bail. B.A.1984 & 2046/2007 3
4. If the petitioner commits breach of any of the above conditions, the bail granted to him shall be liable to be cancelled. These applications are allowed as above. V.RAMKUMAR,
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.