High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
MOHAMMEDALI, S/O IBRAHIM v. STATE OF KERALA THROUGH THE - Bail Appl No. 2049 of 2007  RD-KL 7255 (9 April 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 2049 of 2007()
1. MOHAMMEDALI, S/O IBRAHIM,
1. STATE OF KERALA THROUGH THE
For Petitioner :SRI.SUNNY MATHEW
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
V.RAMKUMAR, J.Bail Application No. 2049/2007 Dated this 9th day of April, 2007
O R D E RThe petitioner, who is the accused in Crime No.92/2006 of Hemambika Nagar Police Station for offences punishable under Sections 366 and 376 IPC, seeks his enlargement on bail.
2. The learned Public Prosecutor opposed the application.
3. The petitioner, who is a rubber tapper by avocation, is alleged to have enticed the victim, a 14 year old girl, to a nearby plantation and ravished her several times. Consequent on a direction issued by this Court in an application for anticipatory bail, the petitioner surrendered before the Investigating Officer on 22.3.2007. After interrogation and potency test, he was produced before the Magistrate having jurisdiction, who remanded him to judicial custody where the petitioner continues.
4. Having regard to the facts and circumstances of the B.A.2049/2007 2 case, the present stage of the investigation of the case and the duration of the judicial custody of the petitioner, I am not inclined to grant bail to the petitioner. The application is accordingly dismissed. V.RAMKUMAR,
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.