High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
T.BHASKARAN, AGED 52 YEARS v. THE SUB INSPECTOR OF POLICE - Bail Appl No. 2055 of 2007(T)  RD-KL 7467 (10 April 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 2055 of 2007(T)
1. T.BHASKARAN, AGED 52 YEARS,
1. THE SUB INSPECTOR OF POLICE,
2. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY
For Petitioner :SRI.P.P.THAJUDEEN
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
V.RAMKUMAR, J.Bail Application No. 2055/2007 Dated this 10th day of April, 2007
O R D E RThe petitioner, who is the fourth accused in Crime No.216/2006 of Kambalakkad Police Station for offences punishable under Sections 107, 167, 197, 198, 200, 420, 406, 409, 464, 468 and 471 IPC read with Section 149 IPC seeks anticipatory bail.
2. The case of the prosecution is that the fifth accused obtained the allotment of a house from the Kaniambetta Grama Panchayath under the Tribal Sub Plan by producing a false caste certificate allegedly issued by the second accused, the then village officer, and that the petitioner, who was the former panchayath member, had recommended the fifth accused for inclusion of his name in the list of beneficiaries.
3. Having regard to the nature of the allegations levelled
against the petitioner and the other circumstances of the
am inclined to grant anticipatory bail to the petitioner.
Accordingly, a direction is issued to
the Investigating Officer to
release the petitioner on bail for a period of one month in the
event of his arrest in connection with the above case on his
a bond for Rs. 10,000/- (Rupees ten thousand only)
with two solvent sureties each for the like
amount to the
satisfaction to the Investigating officer and subject to the
(a). Petitioner shall report before the Investigating Officer between 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. on all Wednesdays.
(b). The petitioner shall make himself available for interrogation as and when required by the Investigating Officer.
(c). The petitioner shall not influence or intimidate the prosecution witnesses nor shall he attempt to tamper with the evidence for the prosecution.
(d). Petitioner shall not commit any offence while on bail.
(e). Petitioner shall surrender before the Magistrate concerned and seek regular bail in the meanwhile. B.A.2055/2007 3
4. If the petitioner commits breach of any of the above conditions, the bail granted to him shall be liable to be cancelled. The application is allowed as above. V.RAMKUMAR,
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.