High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
KABEER, THOTTAKKARA, AGE 37 YEARS v. STATE OF KERALA, REP. BY PUBLIC - Bail Appl No. 1962 of 2007  RD-KL 7531 (11 April 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 1962 of 2007()
1. KABEER, THOTTAKKARA, AGE 37 YEARS,
2. SULAIMAN, THOTTAKKARA, AGE 44,
3. RAJU THOMAS, KUZHUMPLACKAL,
4. JOSEPH THOMAS, AGED 23, MALAYAPARAMBIL,
1. STATE OF KERALA, REP. BY PUBLIC
For Petitioner :SRI.T.A.UNNIKRISHNAN
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
V.RAMKUMAR, J.Bail Application No. 1962/2007 Dated this 11th day of April, 2007
O R D E RThe petitioners, who are accused Nos. 1, 2, 4 and 3 respectively in O.R.No.2/2007 of Murinjapuzha Forest Station for an offence punishable under Section 27(i)(e)(iii) and (iv) of the Kerala Forest Act, 1961, seek anticipatory bail.
2. The learned Public Prosecutor opposed the application submitting inter alia that the petitioners had trespassed upon the reserve forest and cut and removed a rosewood tree.
3. Anticipatory bail cannot be granted in a case of this nature. But at the same time, I am inclined to permit the petitioners to surrender before the Investigating Officer, namely Forest Range Officer, Erumeli, for the purpose of interrogation and then to have their application for regular bail ordered by the Magistrate concerned. Accordingly, the petitioners are directed to surrender before the Investigating Officer on any day between 18.4.2007 and 20.4.2007 for the purpose of interrogation. The petitioners shall thereafter, be produced on B.A.1962/2007 2 the same day before the Magistrate having jurisdiction, who shall shall consider and dispose of the application, if any, filed by the petitioner for regular bail preferably on the same day on which the applications are filed. The application is disposed of as above. V.RAMKUMAR,
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.