High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
RAJESH ANTONY, AGED 33 YEARS v. S.I. OF POLICE - Bail Appl No. 95 of 2007  RD-KL 770 (10 January 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 95 of 2007()
1. RAJESH ANTONY, AGED 33 YEARS,
1. S.I. OF POLICE,
For Petitioner :SRI.H.HARIKUMAR
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
V. RAMKUMAR, J.Bail Application No.95/2007
DATED: JANUARY 10, 2007
O R D E RPetitioner who is the accused in Crime No.1189/2006 of Kollam East Police Station for an offence punishable under Sec.366A I.P.C. for allegedly kidnapping a 17 year old girl who was missing since 16.11.2006 and who was subsequently found along with the accused on 16.12.2006 at Thrissur Railway Station, seeks his enlargement on bail. The petitioner was arrested on 16.12.2006.
2. Even though the learned Public Prosecutor opposed the application submitting inter alia that the petitioner had sexually exploited the girl, in as much as the potency test of the petitioner has already been conducted and he has been in custody since 16.12.2006, I am inclined to grant bail to the petitioner with effect from a future date. Accordingly, the petitioner is directed to be released on bail with effect from 16.1.2007 on his executing a bond for Rs. 10,000/- (Rupees ten thousand only) with two solvent sureties each for the like amount to the satisfaction of the J.F.C.M.-II, Kollam, and subject to the following conditions:-
1. The petitioner shall report before the
Investigating Officer between 9
a.m. and 11
Bail A.No.95/2007 -:Page numbers:-
a.m. on all Wednesdays.
2. The petitioner shall make himself available for interrogation as and when required by the police till the filing of the final report.
3. The petitioner shall not influence or intimidate the prosecution witnesses nor shall he attempt to tamper with the evidence for the prosecution.
4. The petitioner shall not commit any offence while on bail. If the petitioner commits breach of any of the above conditions, the bail granted to him shall be liable to be cancelled. This application is allowed as above.
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.