High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
RIYAS V,S/O.HASSAN,AGED 27 YEARS v. THE STATE OF KERALA THROUGH THE - Bail Appl No. 2209 of 2007  RD-KL 7721 (12 April 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 2209 of 2007()
1. RIYAS V,S/O.HASSAN,AGED 27 YEARS,
1. THE STATE OF KERALA THROUGH THE
For Petitioner :SRI.SUNNY MATHEW
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
V.RAMKUMAR, J.Bail Application No. 2209/2007 Dated this 12th day of April, 2007
O R D E RThe petitioner who is the third accused in crime No.139/2006 of Chevayur police station for offences punishable under Sections 366-A and 376(2)(g) of IPC, seeks his enlargement on bail.
2. The learned Public Prosecutor opposed the application.
3. The case of the prosecution is that the 15 year old victim, who was escaped from a juvenile home, eloped with A1 and A2 on 17.6.2006. When she was arrested, she revealed the fact that she was ravished by accused Nos. 1 to 3. Accused Nos. 1 and 2 had taken her to the house of A3, the petitioner herein, who also had carnal intercourse with her. The petitioner was arrested on 15.3.2007.
4. Having regard to the facts and circumstances, I am
inclined to grant bail to the petitioner, but
from a future date.
Accordingly, the petitioner is directed to be released on bail
from 20.4.2007, on his executing a bond for Rs.
10,000/- (Rupees ten thousand only) with two
each for the like amount to the satisfaction of the J.F.C.M-I,
subject to the following conditions:
(a). The petitioner shall report before the Investigating Officer between 9 am. and 11 am. on all Wednesdays.
(b). The petitioner shall make himself available for interrogation as and when required by the police till the filing of the final report.
(c). The petitioner shall not influence or intimidate the prosecution witnesses nor shall he attempt to tamper with the evidence for the prosecution.
(d). The petitioner shall not commit any offence while on bail.
5. If the petitioner commits breach of any of the above conditions, the bail granted to him shall be liable to be cancelled. The application is disposed of as above. V.RAMKUMAR,
JUDGEmrcs B.A.2209/2007 3
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.