High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
SIYAD, AGED 25 YEARS, S/O. ASHIM v. THE SUB INSPECTOR OF POLICE - Bail Appl No. 2192 of 2007  RD-KL 7733 (12 April 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 2192 of 2007()
1. SIYAD, AGED 25 YEARS, S/O. ASHIM
2. ASHIMKOYA THANGAL, AGED 63 YEARS,
3. THAHA BEEVI, AGED 52 YEARS,
1. THE SUB INSPECTOR OF POLICE,
For Petitioner :SRI.K.V.RAMABHADRAN
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
V.RAMKUMAR, J.Bail Application No. 2192/2007 Dated this 12th day of April, 2007
O R D E RThe petitioners, who are the husband, father-in-law and mother-in-law of one Sainaba, who is the defacto complainant, seek anticipatory bail.
2. The petitioners are accused Nos.1 to 3 in Crime No.78/2007 of Ponnani Police Station for an offence punishable under Section 498-A IPC. The marriage between the first petitioner and Sainaba was on 26.5.2005. A child has also been born in that wedlock.
3. Having regard to the nature of the allegations levelled
against the petitioners and the other circumstances of the
am inclined to grant anticipatory bail to the petitioners.
Accordingly, a direction is issued to
the Investigating Officer to
release the petitioners on bail for a period of one month in the
event of their arrest in
connection with the above case on each
of them executing a bond for Rs. 10,000/- (Rupees ten thousand
only) with two
solvent sureties each for the like amount to the
satisfaction to the Investigating officer and subject to the
(a). Petitioners 1 and 2 shall report before the Investigating Officer between 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. on all Wednesdays.
(b). Petitioners shall make themselves available for interrogation as and when required by the Investigating Officer.
(c). Petitioners shall not influence or intimidate the prosecution witnesses nor shall they attempt to tamper with the evidence for the prosecution.
(d). Petitioners shall not commit any offence while on bail.
(e). Petitioners shall surrender before the Magistrate concerned and seek regular bail in the meanwhile.
4. If the petitioners commit breach of any of the above conditions, the bail granted to them shall be liable to be cancelled. The application is disposed of as above. V.RAMKUMAR,
JUDGEmrcs B.A.2192/2007 3
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.