High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
TAXI DRIVERS CO-OPERATIVE SOCIETY LTD v. ANADAVALLI M.N., D/O V.K.SAROJINI - Crl Rev Pet No. 1337 of 2007  RD-KL 7750 (12 April 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMCrl Rev Pet No. 1337 of 2007()
1. TAXI DRIVERS CO-OPERATIVE SOCIETY LTD
2. TAXI DRIVERS CO-OPERATIVE SOCIETY LTD
1. ANADAVALLI M.N., D/O V.K.SAROJINI,
2. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY ITS
For Petitioner :SRI.SUMAN CHAKRAVARTHY
For Respondent : No Appearance
The Hon'ble MR. Justice K.R.UDAYABHANU
O R D E R
K.R. UDAYABHANU, J
CRL. R.P. NO. 1337 OF 2007 B
Dated this the 12th day of April 2007
O R D E RThe revision petitioners are the accused who stand convicted for the offence under Section 138 of the Negotiable Instruments Act and sentenced, as modified by the appellate court, to imprisonment till the rising of the court and to pay a compensation of Rs.40,000/- each and in default to undergo simple imprisonment for one month each.
2. The counsel for the revision petitioner has only sought for modification of sentence and for time to pay the amount of compensation. In the circumstances, the sentence is modified to imprisonment till the rising of the court and to pay the compensation of Rs.40,000/- each without the default clause. The revision petitioner is granted four months time from today onwards to remit the amount of compensation. The revision petitioner shall appear before Judicial First Class Magistrate V (Special Court for Marklist Cases), Thiruvananthapuram on 14.08.2007 to receive sentence. The Crl.R.P is disposed of accordingly.
K.R. UDAYABHANU, JUDGE.RV
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.