High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
SATHEESHKUMAR, S/O. BHASKARAN v. STATE OF KERALA - Bail Appl No. 2271 of 2007  RD-KL 7853 (13 April 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 2271 of 2007()
1. SATHEESHKUMAR, S/O. BHASKARAN,
2. SREELAL @ KANNAN, S/O. SOMANKANI,
1. STATE OF KERALA,
For Petitioner :SRI.T.A.UNNIKRISHNAN
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
V.RAMKUMAR, J.Bail Application No. 2271/2007 Dated this 13th day of April, 2007
O R D E RThe petitioners who are accused Nos. 1 and 2 in Crime No.75/2007 of Palode Police Station for an offence punishable under Section 302 IPC, seek their enlargement on bail.
2. The learned Public Prosecutor opposed the application.
3. The case of the prosecution is that on 4.3.2007 at about 10.00 p.m, the petitioners had assaulted the deceased Aji by kicking and beating him with a cudgel and Aji succumbed to the injuries at about 5.30 a.m on 5.3.2007. The learned Public Prosecutor also submitted that there was 33 injuries on the body of the deceased.
4. Having regard to the facts and circumstances of the
case, the duration of the judicial custody
of the petitioners and
the present stage of the investigation, I am inclined to grant bail
to the petitioners but only
from a future date. Accordingly, the
petitioners are directed to be released on bail with effect from
on each of them executing a bond for Rs. 10,000/-
(Rupees ten thousand only) with two solvent sureties
the like amount to the satisfaction of
Nedumangadu and subject to the following conditions:
(a). The petitioners shall report before the Investigating Officer between 9 a.m. and 11
a.m. on all Wednesdays.
(b). The petitioners shall make themselves available for interrogation as and when required by the police till the filing of the final report.
(c). The petitioners shall not influence or intimidate the prosecution witnesses nor shall they attempt to tamper with the evidence for the prosecution.
(d). The petitioners shall not commit any offence while on bail.
5. If the petitioners commit breach of any of the above conditions, the bail granted to them shall be liable to be cancelled. The application is allowed as above. V.RAMKUMAR,
JUDGEmrcs B.A.2271/2007 3
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.