High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
M.PRABHAKARAN, AGED 50 YEARS v. THE STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY - Bail Appl No. 2343 of 2007  RD-KL 7914 (17 April 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 2343 of 2007()
1. M.PRABHAKARAN, AGED 50 YEARS,
1. THE STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY
For Petitioner :SRI.A.C.DEVY
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice K.T.SANKARAN
O R D E R
K.T. SANKARAN, J.B.A. NO. 2343 OF 2007
Dated this the 17th day of April, 2007
O R D E RThis is an application for bail under Section 439 of the Code of Criminal Procedure.
2. The petitioner is the accused in C.R. No.11 of 2007, Kalpetta Excise Range. The offence alleged against him is under Section 8(i) and 8(ii) of the Abkari Act.
3. The petitioner moved an application for bail before the Court of the Chief Judicial Magistrate, Kalpetta, Wayanad, but the same was dismissed by the order dated 9.4.2007.
4. Heard the learned counsel for the petitioner and the learned Public Prosecutor. It is submitted by the learned counsel for the petitioner that the petitioner was arrested on 7.4.2007 and he is B.A.NO. 2343 OF 2007 undergoing detention. It is stated that the wedding of the petitioner's daughter is fixed to be held on 13.5.2007 and if the petitioner is detained, it will cause great inconvenience and prejudice not only to him but to his family members as well. The prosecution case is that the petitioner was found in possession of two litres of arrack. Considering the facts and circumstances of the case and also the circumstance that the wedding of the daughter of the petitioner is fixed to be held on 13.5.2007, I am inclined to grant bail to the petitioner with a direction to release him on 25.4.2007. The petitioner shall be released on bail on 25.4.2007 on condition that he executes a bond for Rs.25,000/- with two solvent sureties each for the like amount to the satisfaction of the Chief Judicial Magistrate, Kalpetta, Wayanad. (K.T.SANKARAN) Judge ahz/
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.