High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
SURENDRAN, S/O.BALAKRISHNAN, SHIBU v. EXCISE INSPECTOR, KAYAMKULAM EXCISE - Bail Appl No. 2187 of 2007  RD-KL 7926 (17 April 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 2187 of 2007()
1. SURENDRAN, S/O.BALAKRISHNAN, SHIBU
1. EXCISE INSPECTOR, KAYAMKULAM EXCISE
2. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY THE
For Petitioner :SRI.P.SREEKUMAR
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice K.T.SANKARAN
O R D E R
K.T.SANKARAN, JB.A.No.2187 of 2007
Dated this the 17th day of April, 2007
O R D E RThis is an application for bail under Section 439 of the Code of Criminal Procedure.
2. The petitioner is the accused in C.R.No.25/2007 of Kayamkulam Excise Range. The offence alleged against him is under Section 8 (i) and (ii) of the Kerala Abkari Act.
3. The petitioner moved an application for bail before the Court of Judicial Magistrate of the First Class, Kayamkulam, but the same was dismissed by the order dated 14/03/2007. B.A.No.2187/2007
4. Heard the learned counsel for the petitioner and the learned Public Prosecutor. It is submitted by the learned Public Prosecutor that the petitioner is not involved in any other offence of the same nature. In the facts and circumstances of the case, I am inclined to grant bail to the petitioner. The petitioner shall be released on bail on condition that he executes a bond for Rs.25,000/- with two solvent sureties each for the like amount to the satisfaction of the Judicial Magistrate of the First Class, Kayamkulam. (K.T.SANKARAN)
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.