High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
BIJU, S/O.KARUNAKARAN, AGED 30 YEARS v. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY THE - Bail Appl No. 2406 of 2007  RD-KL 7935 (20 April 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 2406 of 2007()
1. BIJU, S/O.KARUNAKARAN, AGED 30 YEARS,
1. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY THE
For Petitioner :SRI.P.GOPAKUMARAN NAIR
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice K.T.SANKARAN
O R D E R
K.T.SANKARAN, J.B.A. No. 2406 of 2007
Dated this the 20th day of April, 2007
O R D E RThis is an application for bail under Section 439 of the Code of Criminal Procedure.
2. The petitioner is the accused in CR No. 50/2007, Chengannur Excise Range. The offence alleged against him is under Section 8(1) & 8(2) of the Abkari Act.
3. The petitioner moved an application for bail before the Court of Judicial First Class Magistrate - II, Chengannur, but the same was dismissed by the order dated 27/03/2007.
4. Heard the learned counsel for the petitioner and the learned Public Prosecutor.
5. The prosecution case is that the petitioner was found in possession of 1.5 litres of arrack. Petitioner is in custody from B.A. No. 2406/2007 -Page numbers- 21/03/2007 onwards. In the facts and circumstances of the case, I am inclined to grant bail to the petitioner. The petitioner shall be released on bail on condition that he executes a bond for Rs. 20,000/- with two solvent sureties each for the like amount to the satisfaction of the Judicial Magistrate of the First Class, Chengannur.
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.