High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
IBRAHIMKUTTY @ KUNJUMON v. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY - Bail Appl No. 2398 of 2007  RD-KL 7937 (20 April 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 2398 of 2007()
1. IBRAHIMKUTTY @ KUNJUMON,
2. SIDDHIQUE, AGED 42 YEARS,
3. KUNHATHUMMA, AGED 85 YEARS,
4. P.T.AHAMMEDKUTTY, AGED 60 YEARS,
1. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY
For Petitioner :SRI.SANTHEEP ANKARATH
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice K.T.SANKARAN
O R D E R
K.T.SANKARAN, J.B.A. No. 2398 of 2007
Dated this the 20th day of April, 2007
O R D E RThe petitioners are the accused in Crime No. 85/2007 of Thrithala Police Station. They seek for anticipatory bail under Section 438 of Code of Criminal Procedure. The offence alleged against the petitioners is under Sec. 498 A of the IPC.
2. Heard the learned counsel for the petitioners and the learned Public Prosecutor. The learned Public Prosecutor, on instructions, submits that the Investigating Officers have come to the conclusion that accused Nos. 3 & 4 are not really involved in the offence. In the nature of the allegations in the complaint and in the facts and circumstances of the case, I am inclined to grant anticipatory bail to the petitioners 1 & 2. In view of the submission made by the learned Public Prosecutor that accused Nos. 3 & 4 are not involved in the case, no separate order need be passed in their favour.
3. In case petitioners 1 & 2 are arrested, they shall be released on bail by the Arresting Officer on their executing a bond B.A. No. 2398/2007 -Page numbers- for Rs. 25,000/- (Rupees twenty five thousand only) each with two solvent sureties each for the like amount to the satisfaction of the Arresting Officer. The petitioners 1 & 2 shall appear before the Investigating Officer on every Monday between 9 am - 11 am till final report is filed. The bail application is allowed as above.
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.