High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
RADHAMANI, AGED ABOUT 48 YEARS v. THE DEPUTY SUPERINTENDENT OF POLICE - WP(Crl) No. 97 of 2007(S)  RD-KL 8087 (2 May 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMWP(Crl) No. 97 of 2007(S)
1. RADHAMANI, AGED ABOUT 48 YEARS,
1. THE DEPUTY SUPERINTENDENT OF POLICE,
2. THE SUB-INSPECTOR OF POLICE,
3. JOBIN GOMEZ, SON OF BABYCHAN,
For Petitioner :SRI.P.B.SAHASRANAMAN
For Respondent : No Appearance
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR The Hon'ble MR. Justice T.R.RAMACHANDRAN NAIR
O R D E R
V.RAMKUMAR, & T.R.RAMACHANDRAN NAIR, JJ.W.P.(Crl.)No. 97/2007 Dated this 2nd day of May, 2007
V.Ramkumar, J.The petitioner, who is the mother of a minor girl, Divya Krishnan, who is aged 17 years, had filed this petition for Habeas corpus. Pursuant to a direction of this Court, the girl was produced before the Court. She stated that she is 17 years and she is coming from the custody of her aunt. On further questioning she revealed that the aunt is not her aunt but her friend's aunt. She is totally disinclined to go with her parents. She says that they will ill-treat her and refused to go with her parents, who are legally entitled to have her custody, until at least she attains majority.
2. Accordingly, Divya Krishnan, the detenue is released to the custody of her parents namely the petitioner and her husband. In as much as considering the antecedents and details of the alleged aunt, the detenue W.P.(Crl.).97/2007 2 claims to have been residing with, it will be unsafe to entrust the girl to the custody of any such stranger. The petition is disposed of as above. V.RAMKUMAR,
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.