High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
ABDULLA KUNHI @ KUNHABDULLA v. STATE OF KERALA REPRESENTED BY THE - Bail Appl No. 3021 of 2007  RD-KL 8245 (23 May 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 3021 of 2007()
1. ABDULLA KUNHI @ KUNHABDULLA,
2. NAZAR.B., S/O.ABDULLA,
3. MUSTHAFA.B., -DO-.
4. SIRAJ, S/O.B.HUSSAIN, -DO-.
5. BASHEER, S/O.ABOOBACKER,
6. ILLYAS, -DO-.
7. ARAFATH, -DO-.
8. NOUSHAD, S/O.SHEIKKU,
9. MAJEED, S/O.ABOOBACKER,
10. ABID, S/O.B.K.MUSTAFA ILLYAS,
1. STATE OF KERALA REPRESENTED BY THE
For Petitioner :SRI.SUBHASH CYRIAC
For Respondent : No Appearance
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
V.RAMKUMAR, J.Bail Application No.3021 /2007 Dated this 23rd day of May, 2007
O R D E RPetitioners who are accused Nos. 1 to 10 in Crime No.173/2007 of Bekkal Police Station for offences punishable under Sections 143, 147, 148, 324, 308 read with section 149 I.P.C., seek anticipatory bail. The occurrence took place on 30.4.2007 at 10 p.m.
2. The learned Public Prosecutor opposed the application.
3. Anticipatory bail cannot be granted in a case of this nature. But at the same time, I am inclined to permit the petitioners to surrender before the Investigating Officer for the purpose of interrogation and then to have their applications for bail considered by the Magistrate having jurisdiction. Accordingly, the petitioners shall surrender before the investigating officer on any day between 29-5-2007 and 31-5-2007 for the purpose of interrogation and recovery of incriminating material, if any. The petitioners shall thereafter B.A.NO.3021/2007 -2- be produced on the same day before the Magistrate who shall consider their applications for regular bail preferably on the same date on which such applications are filed. This petition is disposed of as above.
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.