High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
HARIKUMAR, S/O.CHELLAPPAN v. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY - Bail Appl No. 2774 of 2007  RD-KL 8275 (23 May 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 2774 of 2007()
1. HARIKUMAR, S/O.CHELLAPPAN,
1. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY
For Petitioner :SRI.PEEYUS A.KOTTAM
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
V.RAMKUMAR, J.Bail Application No. 2774/2007 Dated this 23rd day of May, 2007
O R D E RThe petitioner who is the accused in Crime No.47/2007 of Rajakkadu Police Station for offences punishable under Sections 307 and 354 IPC seeks his enlargement on bail. The petitioner was arrested on 13.3.2007.
2. Even though the learned Public Prosecutor opposed the application, he fairly conceded that the final report has not been filed even after 60 days of detention of the petitioner. If so, by virtue of the proviso to sec.167(2) Cr.P.C. the petitioner is entitled to be released on bail as of right.
3. Accordingly, the petitioner is directed to be
released on bail on his executing a bond for
(Rupees ten thousand only) with two solvent sureties each
for the like amount to the satisfaction
of the J.F.C.M-I,
Adimaly and subject to the following conditions:
(a). The petitioner shall report before the C.I. Of Police, Adimaly, B.A.2774/2007 2 between 9 am. and 11 am. on all Wednesdays.
(b). The petitioner shall not enter the local limits of Rajakkad police station until further orders.
(c). The petitioner shall not influence or intimidate the prosecution witnesses nor shall he attempt to tamper with the evidence for the prosecution.
(d). The petitioner shall not commit any offence while on bail.
4. If the petitioner commits breach of any of the above conditions, the bail granted to him shall be liable to be cancelled. The application is allowed as above. V.RAMKUMAR,
JUDGEmrcs B.A.2774/2007 3
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.