High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
K. VALSALA, SPECIAL DEPUTY TAHSILDAR v. STATE OF KERALA, REP. BY THE - WA No. 1175 of 2007  RD-KL 8282 (23 May 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMWA No. 1175 of 2007()
1. K. VALSALA, SPECIAL DEPUTY TAHSILDAR,
1. STATE OF KERALA, REP. BY THE
2. SECRETARY TO THE GOVERNMENT,
3. THE COMMISSIONER OF LAND REVENUE,
4. THE DISTRICT COLLECTOR,
For Petitioner :SRI.K.BABU THOMAS
For Respondent : No Appearance
The Hon'ble MR. Justice K.S.RADHAKRISHNAN The Hon'ble MR. Justice ANTONY DOMINIC
O R D E RK.S.Radhakrishnan &
Antony Dominic, JJ.
W.A.No.1175 of 2007
Dated this the 23rd day of May, 2007.
Radhakrishnan,J.Government order, G.O.(P) No.45/91/P& ARD dated 30th December, 1991 stipulates that applications for correction of date of birth, if any, needed in the case of an Government employee shall be made within five years of one's entry in service. In the case of those who have already crossed this limit, one year time from the date of the above Government order shall be allowed provided he applies beyond the two year period preceding retirement reckoned with reference to the date of birth as recorded in the Service Book.
2. Admittedly, Ext.P10(a) governs the field, and the application filed on 28.7.2000, is therefore highly belated. Delay in getting the S.S.L.C. Book corrected is of no consequence in the matter of correction of date of birth in the service records. In view of the principle as laid down above, this Writ Appeal is dismissed. K.S.Radhakrishnan, Judge. Antony Dominic Judge. ess 23/5
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.