High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
MUKESH @ BINU, S/O. PURUSHAN v. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY - Bail Appl No. 2714 of 2007  RD-KL 8306 (23 May 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 2714 of 2007()
1. MUKESH @ BINU, S/O. PURUSHAN,
1. STATE OF KERALA, REPRESENTED BY
2. ASSISTANT SUPERINTENDENT OF POLICE,
For Petitioner :SRI.G.BENO
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
V. RAMKUMAR, J.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Bail Application NO.2714 OF 2007
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
O R D E RIn this Petition filed under Sec. 439 Cr.P.C. the petitioner who is the accused in Crime No.73/2006 of Thrikunnapuzha Police Station for offences punishable under Sections 366A, 376, 420 IPC and 3(2)v of the SC&ST (Prevention of Atrocities) Act seeks his enlargement on bail. The petitioner was arrested on 5.4.2007.
2. I heard the learned counsel for the petitioner and the learned Public Prosecutor.
3. Having regard to the nature of the offences, the short duration of his judicial custody, the sufferings of the victim and the present stage of investigation of the case, I am not inclined to grant bail to the petitioner. This Application is accordingly dismissed. The concerned Magistrate shall expedite the committal so that the special court can expeditiously try the offence, particularly, when the accused is in custody. V.RAMKUMAR,
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.