High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
PEETHAMBARAN, PALACKAVIL VADAKKATHIL v. SUB INSPECTOR OF POLICE, KAYAMKULAM - Bail Appl No. 2916 of 2007  RD-KL 8319 (23 May 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMBail Appl No. 2916 of 2007()
1. PEETHAMBARAN, PALACKAVIL VADAKKATHIL,
2. VIJAYAN, PALACKAVIL VADAKKATHIL,
1. SUB INSPECTOR OF POLICE, KAYAMKULAM
2. STATE OF KERALA REPRESENTED BY THE
For Petitioner :SRI.P.SREEKUMAR
For Respondent :PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
The Hon'ble MR. Justice V.RAMKUMAR
O R D E R
V.RAMKUMAR, J.Bail Application No. 2916/2007 Dated this 23rd day of May, 2007
O R D E RPetitioners who are accused Nos. 1 and 2 in Crime No.296/2007 of Kayamkulam Police Station for offences punishable under Sections 324 and 326 IPC read with section 34 I.P.C., seek anticipatory bail. The occurrence took place on 1.5.2007.
2. The learned Public Prosecutor opposed the application.
3. Anticipatory bail cannot be granted in a case of this nature. But at the same time, I am inclined to permit the petitioners to surrender before the Investigating Officer for the purpose of interrogation and then to have their applications for bail considered by the Magistrate having jurisdiction. Accordingly, the petitioners shall surrender before the investigating officer on any day between 29-5- 2007 and 31-5-2007 for the purpose of interrogation and recovery of incriminating material, if any. The petitioners shall thereafter be produced on the same day before the B.A.2916/2007 2 Magistrate who shall consider their applications for regular bail preferably on the same date on which such applications are filed. The application is disposed of as above. V.RAMKUMAR,
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.