High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
BINI K.P.,KOLLAMARIKKUDI HOUSE v. KERALA STATE ELECTRICITY BOARD - WP(C) No. 8916 of 2007(J)  RD-KL 8555 (25 May 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMWP(C) No. 8916 of 2007(J)
1. BINI K.P.,KOLLAMARIKKUDI HOUSE,
1. KERALA STATE ELECTRICITY BOARD,
2. THE CHIEF ENGINEER (HRM),
For Petitioner :SMT.P.V.ASHA
For Respondent :SRI.K.S.ANIL, SC, KSEB
The Hon'ble MR. Justice K.BALAKRISHNAN NAIR
O R D E R
K.BALAKRISHNAN NAIR, J.W.P.(C) No.8916 of 2007-J
Dated this the 25th day of May, 2007
J U D G M E N T
The petitioner was a candidate advised by the PSC for appointment to the post of Sub Engineer (Civil) in K.S.E.B. In the meantime, certain vacancies are reduced. She was appointed notionally and was retrenched also notionally. So, she has got a right of re-appointment as and when vacancies arise in that cadre. Alleging that though vacancies are available she is not being considered for appointment, this writ petition is filed.
2. The second respondent has filed a counter affidavit in which it
is submitted as follows:
" It is submitted that, the present working strength of Sub Engineer (Civil) (after the retirements in the year 2006) is 471, including 328 deployed Shift Assistants. As per Board order dated 29-12-2006, the sanctioned strength of Sub Engineer (Civil) has been enhanced to 471 from
163. Thus the 328 deployed Shift Assistants were given posting as Sub Engineer (Civil) itself. It is submitted that, now there is no vacancy to accommodate the 17 retrenched Sub Engineers. It is submitted that, in the Board order dated 29- 12-2006, the need-based strength of Assistant Engineer (Civil) has been enhanced to 330 from Wpc 8916/2007 2
243. Thus there arose sufficient vacancies for regular appointment of retrenched 87 Assistant Engineers (Civil)."
3. The above submission is recorded and the writ petition is disposed of. As and when vacancies arise if the retrenched Sub Engineers (Civil) are not appointed according to their seniority, the petitioner will be free to approach this Court. The Writ Petition is disposed of as above.
K.BALAKRISHNAN NAIR, JUDGE.MS
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.