High Court of Kerala
Case Law Search
C.P.BAPPUTTY, 40 YEARS v. CHEMBRAVEETTIL VELAYUDHANUNNI - WP(C) No. 7913 of 2007  RD-KL 8564 (25 May 2007)
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KERALA AT ERNAKULAMWP(C) No. 7913 of 2007()
1. C.P.BAPPUTTY, 40 YEARS,
1. CHEMBRAVEETTIL VELAYUDHANUNNI,
2. PONNAMKUZHIYL ABDUL AZEEZ, 34 YEARS,
3. PALAKKAL ABDUL GAFOOR, 39 YEARS,
For Petitioner :SRI.K.RAMACHANDRAN
For Respondent :SRI.T.KRISHNAN UNNI
The Hon'ble MR. Justice M.N.KRISHNAN
O R D E R
M.N.KRISHNAN, J.WP(C)No.7913 OF 2007 P
Dated this the 25th May, 2007.
This writ petition is filed to set aside the order in I.A.103/2007 in O.P(Election) 47/2005. It is an application filed by the first respondent in the Election O.P to call for the ledger extract from the Tirur Urban Co- Operative Bank, B.P.Angadi Branch with respect to account No:2901 jointly held by C.P.Bapputty and K.P.Muhammed Saleem. The trial court found that there is nothing to show that they are relevant for the purpose of adjudicating the case and therefore disallowed the same.
2. Heard counsel for both sides.
3. The purpose of summoning the document is to the effect that how much amount had been received and withdrawn from the Panchayat in connection with the construction of Indore Stadium of Thalakkad Grama Panchayat. It is also averred that they approached the bank for getting a ledger extract but the bank submitted that unless there is an order of the court it will not be issued. Taking into consideration the relevant facts and materials is is only just and necessary to call for the document sought for by the writ petitioner. Therefore, the writ petition is allowed and the order under challenge is set aside and WPC 7913/2007 2 I.A.103/2007 in O.P(Election) 47/2005 is allowed. The learned Munsiff, Tirur is also directed to dispose of the matter as expeditiously as possible not later than a period of three months from the date of receipt of a copy of this judgment. M.N.KRISHNAN Judge jj
Double Click on any word for its dictionary meaning or to get reference material on it.